Sunday, April 3, 2011

Better than a Restaurant Ribs

With spring started to peek through the snow clouds, I decided to go ahead and buy some beef ribs that were on sale at the grocery store. Lately, all food tends to make me sick, so if I'm going to be sick, I've decided to be sick for good reason.

I then commenced my search for the best way to prepare them. As usual, I liked some aspects about some recipes and not so much about others...so I fused a few recipes together and came up with something pretty spectacular....

Are you ready for ribs that will make you never want to eat them at a restaurant again? I thought so...

So...here's how you do it:

Let the ribs sit out in the fridge and completely defrost (if you put them in the freezer like I did when I got home from the store) this usually is an overnight process.

In the morning rub the ribs down with this dry rub mixture:

4 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp curry powder ( I use red curry powder)
2 tsp black pepper
4 tsp white sugar
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp garlic salt

Be sure to coat them well, and really try to rub the spices into the meat. Wrap the ribs in aluminum foil (shiny side in) and let them sit in the fridge for 4 hours to "marinate" in the spices.

preheat the oven to 275, then stick the tin foiled ribs inside for 2-4 hours

baste the ribs with barbecue sauce of your choice and grill for 5-7 minutes on both sides.

Yes, they are a lot of work...but they are so melt in your mouth delicious and worth it. Obviously you're going to have rub spices left over...KEEP THEM! You can store them in a tupperware for 6 months before they begin to lose their potency, and to be honest, if you grill as much as I like to when its warm outside, you will likely use it all up. I even have toyed with the idea of using the spice to season some roasted potatoes (dip a pinkie in your spice and taste it, and you will see why I think it would be scrumdiddlyumptious!)

Bon Appetite darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment